Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Arnold's are coming

Let's start off with my current status: injured reserve. I injured my lower back training last week at Focus Jiu-Jitsu with Saulo's new black belt Sean "Abdula" Bansfield and have been trying to take it easy. It was my fault, actually. I didn't warm up as much as I need to and jumped into the thick of things cold. So instead of training at Saulo's I've helped out at the U of M BJJ club on two nights. I thought the easy moving around would help out my back by keeping the muscles warm - but it's been slow going. It should be well enough to train again soon, but I'm taking the rest of the week off to let it heal.

The Arnold's are coming up on March 3rd in Columbus, OH and it's shaping up to be a great tourny. Kipp Collar and his Naga organization will be taking over the tournament this year, which is making me consider lifting my boycott on the event. The guy that use to run the Arnold's and the Relson Gracie Nationals (also in Columbus) wasn't the best organizer I've ever given my money to. After taking a swift kick in the teeth from both tournaments I decided that I had better things to do. But, if Kipp is running the show I may just make the drive. He runs a great event. So, if I'm going to do that I need to heal quickly and get on the mat.

Current therapy regimine: rest, heating pad, Aleve

No comments: